It sounds weird, and it’s actually really weird to mix up this creamy green texture with dark chocolate. But I can assure you that you gonna love it!
I LOVE CHOCOLATE. But like, A LOT! And dark chocolate only… Well, I’m from Belgium so I basically grew up eating chocolate after/with every meal!
This time, I wanted to create a rich and moist cake but still healthy. (You don’t workout for nothing, right?!) I’m also lactose intolerant so this chocolate fondant is not vegan but lactose free for sure. You’ll see, the avocado flesh makes this cake smooth and super moist, a goodie!
What do you need? It is pretty simple:
- 140 g dark chocolate (70% minimum)
- 100 g avocado flesh (ready to eat)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 50 g brown sugar
- Almond or pistachio
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (Bake – 380°F)
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and put aside
- Melt chocolate (bain marie or microwave with a bit of water)
- Add in sugar
- In another bowl, mash the avocado flesh until it’s creamy
- Blend the mashed avocado in the chocolate/sugar mixture
- Add in the beaten eggs
- Add in rice flour and stir until smooth
- Place a parchment paper in a 8X3.8X2.5inch steel loaf pan, then transfer batter
- You can either top the cake with chopped almonds or chopped pistachio
- Bake in oven for around 15-20 min. With the tip of a knife, check if the center is not liquid anymore before removing it from the oven.
- Let cool slightly before slicing and serving. It does taste even better after a couple hours in the fridge!